Sunday, June 14, 2009

Final destination: LA

I suppose I should probably post something, seeing as I've been here since Thursday.

Thursday, I left Hartford for Las Vegas. Long flight, boring flight, aisle seat, you know the drill.
The land around Las Vegas is unlike anything I've seen. It's flat, flat, flaaaat, MOUNTAIN! flat, flaaat, MOUNTAIN! town! flaaaat...
Also, the roofs of all the buildings are red. This must make it hard for Red Roof Inns, but on the other hand, it must make it really easy to spot an IHOP.
(Damn, now I really want IHOP. More on fast food later.)
After Vegas, the flight to LA was fine. Jake was there waiting for me at baggage claim, and he drove me back to his apartment, where I've been staying since then.

Jake's place is AWESOME(ly located*). As far as the apartment goes, there's... a room... and a bathroom and kitchen. I've been sleeping on an air mattress that we deflate every day because otherwise it's impossible to walk around the room.

*
View Larger Map

Aaanyway, Jake and I have been mainly hanging out. Thursday night we saw The Hangover, then Friday I chilled while he went to work. Yesterday, we watched The Bad Seed, aka a hilariously creepy movie.
Then, we walked along Venice boardwalk, where we saw The Original Food (pictured below), and the US Sumo Federation finals, which would determine who would compete at the World Championships in Egypt.
Finally, last night, I showed Jake Rocknrolla, which I believe is the fifth time I've watched it.

I promised more about fast food, and here it is: West Coast fast food is SO MUCH BETTER than East Coast fast food. So far, Jake and I have eaten at Fatburger, Shakey's Pizza, and El Pollo Loco, and gotten delicious meals at ~$6 each. Tonight we're going to try an In-n-Out Burger or maybe a Carl's Jr. Don't worry, though, I'm not *entirely* pigging out. I have been having an apple a day!

Anyway, I'm going to show Jake a few pointers in Photoshop, so I'll check back in here later (and hopefully sooner than next weekend ;P )


And here it is: The Original Food

As Jake said, people must've been pretty hungry before they came along.

1 comment:

  1. Correction: It's the 4 1/2 time you've seen 'Rocknrolla'. I still need to see the second half sometime... Haha. Your life sounds exciting. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete