Friday, July 10, 2009

The new frontier

I'm writing this post from the front desk at Radical.

My first day here, one of the two receptionists unexpectedly quit. Apparently, in this economy, Radical isn't going to hire someone to replace her, so interns have been filling in. So far, only Esther has done it, but Esther isn't here today, and Kyle needs to be free to do a run because he has a car and I don't, so I've been sent up here to assist.

So far I've learned to work the phones, printed out a few mailing labels (including one for the director of one of my favorite movies), and showed people how to get to the fitting room. Now Crystal, the girl who actually works up here, is arguing with somebody over the phone because they sent 19 sandwiches when they promised food for 30 people, but once lunch is settled, I'm going to go eat. Once I've finished eating, I'll come back to the desk so that Crystal can go run errands. She says she'll be gone around 45 minutes. That means I'll be manning the desk ALONE for 45 minutes. I am freaking the heck out.

Chris out.

No comments:

Post a Comment