Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Perspective.

Some of you may remember my post from a month ago where I freaked out because I was in the same room as Dave Meyers, a semi-well known music video/ad director. Well, shortly thereafter I was on set with him too, so that magic wore off, but it was still kind of cool.

Still more recently, I boasted about printing out mailing labels for Tarsem, who directed The Fall, one of my favorite movies. Pah! Mailing Labels? That's nothing!

Today, I was in the same room as Tarsem himself, although I didn't know it was him until Tracey told me hours later. He is SO COOL, this tiny preppy Indian guy with an Aston Martin and a foul mouth. I didn't speak to him or make direct eye contact or anything, but I listened to him telling dirty jokes and teaching people how to say "bullshit" in sign language (which I already know, of course*).

So, yeah, an AWESOME day today, even though most of the day felt really fruitless and I wanted so badly to go home early, I'm glad I stuck it out if only for this.
Also, my coworkers bought lunch, so I got my usual spinach quesadilla without having to pay for it, and there was an ice cream cake for Cesar's birthday (Cesar being the guy who's in charge of the parking lot and showed me a shortcut the other day that saves me ~5 minutes in my morning commute).
Ari said he was going to put the All-Star Game on, but so far that's not happening, so I guess I'll have to follow it online like I do most Red Sox games.

Also, the guys I was working with yesterday and this morning are all New Englanders! Dunno how they ended up here, but there's Mikey from Woburn, Brian from Worcester, and Phillip from New Hampshire (not sure where). It was kind of nice hearing an honest-to-goodness Boston accent out here. Reminded me of home and family (extended family, mind).

Anyway, day's almost over so I guess it's time I start packing up to head home.


I still can't believe that was Tarsem!

Chris out.



*I took it upon myself to learn lots of dirty sign language, so that if I ever go deaf, I can be really mad about it. Ask me sometime to show you how to say "eat shit and die, motherfucker!"

No comments:

Post a Comment